Meet the Person Behind Ei!Kumpel


Ever wanted to know who the person is behind all those colorful and creative items in the Ei!Kumpel shop?  Well, meet Margarida!  She took some time to tell us about herself recently - how she got started, what inspires her, and her dreams for the future.  Read on!  You can also see Margarida spotlighted as an emerging designer for 2008 on indieshopping.com.  Check her out!

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Margarida.  I'm 29 years old and I'm presently living between Portugal and England.  I'm a Biologist, currently finishing a PhD in Environmental Toxicology.

What do you do?

I make funky and fun felt treats such as brooches (lots of!), bookmarks, softies, decorations, and pincushions, among others.


 How did you get started?

My grandmother taught me many craft techniques when I was a little girl., but I only started to explore my creativity in the summer of 2006.   I was going through a phase of lots of work an I was tired.   I searched for something to do that was different from my everyday life and my mum gave me some materials that I started to explore by making several brooches for myself.   I found it addicting!

What inspires you?

Life in general, I must say ... books, stories, patterns, colours, music, art galleries, travel ... sometimes just a piece of fabric or a button is enough.

Your dream for your life is ...

It may sound cheesy but it's to be happy for as long as possible. :)


What is your passion?

Life, people, travel, sunny days and crafts!

What would you like to do (or are doing) on the team?

I was appointed as colour expert and I am working on a post about colour trends for the Fall/Winter 2008/2009.

Anything else you would like to tell team members?

I am really looking forward to our Debutante Ball and I hope we can put the FDL team's name out there!



Visit Margarida's shop at http://eikumpel.etsy.com!



0 comments:

Post a Comment